Sunday, March 1, 2015

Here We Go Again!


Over the past few months, I have been in the application process with Mission to the World to return to Japan as a two-year short-term missionary. It has been a long, thorough journey so far, but I am very excited to tell you all that this week I was approved by MTW to return to Japan!

A week from today, I will be flying down to MTW's main office in Atlanta for a week to meet with the staff and be involved in discussions on support raising and other topics. I will be down there with other missionaries in the same stage I am. (I am very much looking forward to meeting new people who will be going all over the world with a heart to spread God's good news!)

I do not currently have a set date nor timeframe for returning to Japan, but I will most likely have more information to share with you all when I return from Atlanta. I can tell you that I am looking to go back for at least 2 years, and I will more than likely be serving as a teacher in the school where I worked previously, along with helping the team wherever there is a need.

I am incredibly excited, and am beyond blessed that God is calling me back to the land I love so dearly. I can't wait to see how He works, and when it is that He wants me to return. I would greatly appreciate your prayers, as there is lots to be done before I can go back. Please pray that I would patiently await His timing, and that I would further seek Him and ways I can glorify Him.

In Him,
Melanie

“But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.” - 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers